New Lister Mirror Kit from Lister Bob

Guys,I seem to remember a discussion about the problem we're all having with our mirrors, but it may have been prior to launching this group.Well, "Lister Bob" has come up with a simple, elegant, aerodynamic solution. A polished bracket attaches to the base of the A-pillar, and follows it up before the ear makes its 90-degree turn.He supplies all the hardware including the drill and tap for the A-pillar, and a pilot hole is provided for the mirror mounting up top.You can order the brackets without the mirrors if you want. As of 2/27/09, he has 3 sets in stock ready for shipping.You can see the shots of the mirrors installed on Chuck Kriss' Vendetta at:http://www.listercorvette.com/Pages/ListerMirrorGallery/index.htmContact Lister Bob at 949 631-6700, Orange County Camaros.Ed

You need to be a member of A Community for people that love Racing and Cars to add comments!

Join A Community for people that love Racing and Cars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice work, looks period albeit more street car oriented. I would prefer something a little more Raydot-like but then again I would also like to get rid of the windscreen frame altogether and have a more original aero screen.
    • I've always liked the aero Ray Dots, too. I think that's why Lister Bob offers the brackets without mirrors.

There's something to be said for horizontal convex glass AT THE OUTER EDGE.

When I imported gray-market cars back in the 80's, we took delivery of a Euro-Spec Volvo (maybe a Saab) with a passenger mirror that was planar for 4/5ths of its width. The last 20% was convex. After I drove the car, I realized how brilliant the design was.

A FULL convex mirror alters depth perception, so our gov't/legal system insists on telling the morons who get licenses that object are further than they appear....well, duuuuh. Maybe it's our tort-law paranoia that makes our weak-knee'd mfgr's dummy-down everything to the point of insulting our intelligence....don't get me started.;-)

Too bad Wink mirrors are so bulky...those are the best for racing.
This reply was deleted.