Brakes/rims

OK gang ,what brake rotor size can we go up to with the 16'' PS kidnybeans wheels ?and also what kind of after market wheels are avalible in 10'' wide fronts and 12-13'' rears ?I'm getting nowhere with tire rack and such.I like the OZ spoked wheels .Thanks Mike

You need to be a member of A Community for people that love Racing and Cars to add comments!

Join A Community for people that love Racing and Cars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OK Gang, here is what I found out today . BAER has a Eridaspeed 2 piece rotor ,aluminun center,steel rotor. 13'' dia and Baer 2 piston calipers with performance pads for the front ,Cost $982 . The 2 rear rotors are 12'' and can be had for $185 pr.They have a pdf format to download the size of the package to see if fits in the confins of our PS wheels . But I'm having computor issue's .These parts are a complete bolt on. The only issue with 84-c4 is the caliper bolts need to be drilled out and tapped to a bigger size .So a drill bit and tap will be required, no brackets and fanagling.Those CCW wheels $$$$2800 ,KA Ching !Take care Mike
    • Mike let me know what the problem is and I will see if I can help.
  • Hi Mike
    Luke has 17' wheels on his cars, 9" up front &11" on the rear with 255/40/17 frt & 315/35/17 rear on the same style wheel as Chuck used originally. The same shop in Cal. that made them for Chuck makes them for him. With the 17" you can run the Corvette J55 brakes (aka C4 Big Brakes) or C5 brakes with an adaptor, plus there are a few aftermarket kits you can also run with the 17" wheels(Baer etc) but they are very pricey. I would think the best bet would be the J55s with some Hawk pads. There is a guy on Corvette forum who has NOS rotors for a killer price.
    How is the "flare project" coming?? Post some pix.
  • Good question. When we get this solved, let me know.

I have a good contact at Brembo who has offered to help.

Ed
    • Emailed the guys at Superlitecars last night and he emailed me back quickly. The source for the good looking wheels is CCW out of FLorida. They look to be pricey but all the right off-sets . Will call them today . Speaking to Chuck he seems to remember getting 13'' rotors and cutting a 1/2 off to make them work.I think I will go with Brembo 12'' drilled /slotted rotors and Corvette /Delco 2 piston front calipers/ stock rears . Any input would be great . Ed my thinking is your car would have those rotors as it's O'LL Blue ? right . take care Mike
    • Hmmm...not sure. Chuck told me he adapted them from another application, but wasn't specific. They're still on the car, so I'll be looking for a new set-up when they're done.
This reply was deleted.