Carrera Panamericana

From Eric Shimp:An update on the LC470: After placing well in the Virginia City Hill Climb, the LC470 is off to Mexico for the Carrera Panamericana. The historic race's website calls the LC470 "the car to watch" for this years race and further says that it "probably has the best HP to weight ratio in Pan Am history."ESPN will be covering the Mexico City part of it which should be exciting. We'll update when we havemore info on airtimes.

You need to be a member of A Community for people that love Racing and Cars to add comments!

Join A Community for people that love Racing and Cars

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Eric,

Just visited your updated web site (www.lc470.com). See the results posted (great testament to a great car) and liked all the new options available. You guys keep up the good work.

Alan
    http://www.lc470.com/
  • Any updates on the Carrera?

I like the way the LC has the fuel filler recessed into the headrest fairing. Mine is dead-center in the rear deck, close to the rearward edge of the cockpit opening. I use a gas can to fill my tank, especially at track events when I want to top it off, and it sure would be nice to do so without straining to hold a five-gallon can over the bodywork.
    • Ditto Bob, I considered that when I built my car but since I am devoid of any fiberglass experience I just took the easy way out and put it dead center like you did, except mine is not even connected to the fuel cell. My cap is more like an outer door that I reach insdie of to take the real cap off. I have no real problems filling up at the gas station, I just be careful to not drip any fuel on the car. When I do the 5 gallon jug routine at the track I use a jug that has about a 2 foot hose and a funnel. Allows me to prop the jug up on the rollbar while filling.
    • I see from the link Jack posted that the Carrera starts in three days. What a blast! Living and working fairly close to the border I see Carrera-bound vehicles on the highway and in race shops. I 'm looking forward to some more details on the work done to the LC Lister to make it Carrera-worthy. I hope they issue bulletproof vests for the drive through Laredo. ;-)
  • Eric

I'll add my best wish's, to Charles Breed & Herr Rumpf, with the (always) advice to "keep-it-on-the-black-part....shiney-side-up"!!

http://lacarrerapanamericana.com.mx/participantes.asp

Jack Murphy
    • Thanks for the link Jack. Great web site once I clicked on the American Flag for "English". My Spanish is not what it used to be.
  • Good luck, Eric! Please keep us in the loop on ALL developments regarding your entry. Will there be a place online were we can follow the event?

If you need a wheel, let me know.
    • Well, the Lister was built by us here in LA and i driven by Charles Breed and powered by a 700hp LS7. The total weight fully caged is about 2050 lbs. Other than the extra horsepower and the roll cage, the car is a stock LC470. It was running 1:35's at Willow Springs and pulling 1.4 g's in cornering on street tires.

After qualifying 39th for the Carrera Panamerica, Breed has moved up to 7th place after the 3rd day of racing! I haven't received any photos/video yet, but I'll post it as soon as I do.

Here is a link to the results:

http://www.lacarrerapanamericana.com.mx/res08/081026.pdf

IMGP1575.jpg

This reply was deleted.