Replies

• Hi Gary,

Thought I would tell you that I am watching the 1978 USAC race from Brands Hatch. I think you would be interested in the cars that are parked around the track as much as the ones on the track.
  • To drive? Brands Hatch Grand Prix circuit every time! A few corners scared thehell ou tof me the first few times, but you get to love it.
    Mallory park is another good (short) track here in the UK.
    • I've never been to Brands Hatch, but I have always enjoyed the track on TV. In fact I watched a British Touring Car race there on tv today.
    • Keep an eye out also, for Oulton Park, now that really is a circuit! Lovely stuff!
  • Watkins Glen configured with The Boot. A very fast track with lots of elevation changes and passing opportunities. Inside the Toe of The Boot you are 20 feet from the cars with only a 4ft fence between you - great photo spot.
  • I have been lucky enough to run at both Laguna Seca and at Thunderhill and they are both great. I would have to say that Laguna is my favorite and probably because of its long and exciting history. i hope to someday run my car at Elkhart lake as I have heard that it is also a very exciting place to drive.
    Thanks, Marc
  • Dear Dennis, maybe you are right from the photographers point of view, i have only driven and not photographed there , but for driving and especially in a Formula Junior, Thunderhill is much more exciting. the Thunderhill corkscrew makes the Laguna Seca one look like childs play!! i was a semi professional photographer/journalist for F1 and world sports car championship in 1975, but i suppose that the Nürburgring must be tops for photography as the F1 cars has all 4 of the ground!! Zolder and Zandvoort were also good from the photography point of view. i have raced at about 50 different tracks, but the list of very exciting ones would still be quite long.
    • Lawrence.
      I will shoot Thunderhill for the first time this year. I hope to be there for the F5000 race May16/17. I was at Zandvort in 71 wet wet and windy cold. My only F1 in Europe but a great one. Wonderful track with lots of sand dunes. I was hitching around Europe and N. Africa after a tour in the Air Force and just happened to be in Holland the weekend of the race.
    • hello dennis

see if you can get somebody to drive you around he track!! as you americans say "awesome" !!! i am not sure i would like to pedal a F5000 around there, but i really enjoyed it in my FJ Terrier, the bend immediately after the corkscrew (if my memory serves me right) is an adverse camber corner which closes, i tried to be clever and overtake on the outside, spun off and laughed !!! on the way to the circuit there is s Denny's, which make great breakfasts!! only about 1/3 of the original Zandvoort track remains, they have totally rebuilt the rest. the main straight, tarzan bucht, and the following left hander remain, the rest has chainged
  • Mosport is great for photographers as well. But not as good as it once was with the addition of catch fencing. I understand the safety concerns etc., but it did take some good spots away. They did listen to the photographers and put in some photo holes though.
    Laguna Seca is a track that I would love to visit some time for sure.
This reply was deleted.