The Goodwood Revival - 2008

The Earl of March has achieved Perfection with his staging of the 10th Goodwood Revival in West Sussex, England. 150,000 people are expected to attend this three day celebration of auto racing and vintage, historic and classic cars as there were raced @ Goodwood, primarily in the 1950's and 60's. The event is billed "as the world's most authentic motor racing meeting". It is so much more than that! The event is staged in 3000 acres of glorious Sussex countryside. Many of the permanent buildings on the site add to the timeless authentic patina of the event. The Earl of March and his brilliantly enthusiastic staff perfectly convey the sense that you really have stepped back in time to experience racing as it was in post war time Britain. A cornucopia of Army and Air Force military accessories, staffed by authentically dressed individuals, convey the grittiness and determination of the British Military. The racing participant’s cars are staged in well organized paddocks with great car taken to produce labels announcing the make of each car and the class it will race in. Drivers are treated like kings. They are not charged to attend the event - they are invited. While at the event they are fed and watered in grand style and feted to a Black Tie Ball Saturday night. From an American perspective, we have so much to learn from the immaculate organization and execution of this event. The attention to every production detail is awe inspiring. It is simply the best managed event I've ever seen - period. Fellow vintage car owners - even if your car is not selected to participate, you have to see this event, preferably every year for the rest of your life :-)) My sincerest thanks to The Earl of March and his team for making this a weekend I'll never forget. All the best Stephen Page Chairman The Vintage Racing League See: www.goodwood.co.uk

You need to be a member of A Community for people that love Racing and Cars to add comments!

Join A Community for people that love Racing and Cars

Email me when people reply –